I have spoke about Jimmy and shared his story many times.
He is my friends that was completely paralyzed from the torso down due to an accident while working at his job.
Last time I went to visit Jimmy, he was not there. He was sent to the hospital and had to have an unexpected surgery to fight a bacteria that was threatening his life. I was devastated & have been so worried about my long term friend of almost 10 years, Jimmy.
Jimmy has always battled bed sores and chal
To you this may seem like a dirty empty old cot that you wouldn't imagine touching, let alone, sleep in. To me, this bed being empty is worse then my worst nightmare. This is a snap shot of the kind of days that I pray never happen.
You all know my friend Jimmy. This is Jimmy's bed. When I'm in Nicaragua one of my favorite people to see is Jimmy. I always find him here laying in this cot. When I visit him, his family will help get him out of the cot and into a wheelchair ju
In 2009, Jimmy was working in a sand pit when the unthinkable happened! Not realizing Jimmy was in the sand pit loading a dump truck. As he was moving the sand an avalanche started to happen. The sand came down quick and hard, completly crushing Jimmy. Jimmy had no warning and no time to react, he was completly submerged with no sign of life. Many people immediately reacted trying despertly to help and dig Jimmy out.
Jimmy was paralyzed frorm the waist down an